Data protection and privacy
Atlas Industries: respecting your privacy
This policy describes: (i) the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us; and (ii) our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. We will only use your personal information (defined below) for the purpose that it is provided to us (the “purpose”). We do not sell personal information to any third party.
This policy applies to information we collect: through our website (atlasindustries.com); in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us; through information and submissions that you provide to us, both online and offline; and when you interact with us through third-party websites and services eg, social networking providers (collectively, the “services”).
The what: the information we collect
We collect the following types of information from you when you use our services:
- Information that personally identifies or is identifiable to you (“personal information”). Personal information includes your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, IP address or any other identifier through which you may be contacted online or offline or any other information which can be directly or indirectly attributed to you;
- Information that is aggregated, de-identified or otherwise not capable of revealing your identity (“other information”). Other information may include details about your company, industry, browser, internet connection, operating system, and behaviour on the services, eg, clicks, time viewing a page, domain names and paths on which you use the services) to the extent that this information is not or cannot be linked to you.
The when and the how: the methods we use to collect information
This is how we collect information from you when you use our services:
You directly provide it to us. Some ways in which you do this are:
- Complete and submit online forms to us
- Correspond with us
- Respond to our surveys.
You indirectly provide it to us. The primary way that this occurs is through automatic data collection technologies that collect statistical (non-personal) information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns to provide details about:
- Traffic data
- Location and IP address
- Communication data
- Resources accessed on the services
- Operating system
The technologies we and the third parties providing content and applications to the services may use for this automatic data collection include:
Pages of our services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to, for example, count users who have visited a page or opened an e-mail.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are cookies which allow you to look at our website, to use the functions on our website and to gain access to the secure and registered parts. If the use of these cookies is disabled, certain parts of our website may not be able to be used correctly.
- Performance cookies are cookies designed to collect information on how you use our website, such as information about the pages visited or the number of error messages that have appeared, in order to analyse and optimize the use of our website.
- Functional cookies and saving preferences are cookies which allow us to register the choices (such as the user’s name, choice of language and country, font and size of script, password etc), as well as visitor preferences (such as pages visited, etc), in order to facilitate use of our website and be able to offer visitors the most relevant and personalised information and advertising.
The why: what we do with the information we collect
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which you have provided it to us as determined at the time of collection or through your subsequent consent, including:
- Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us
- Managing our business operations, eg, customer relationship management system, opt-in marketing database, customer service and support system
- Performing and enforcing agreements
- Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide the personal information.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed based on the purpose for which you have authorised us to use it.
The where: the places that we store this information
Personal information may be processed in a country outside the country in which it is collected, including the United States, European Economic Area, and the European Union. We use third party processor Mailchimp for our email newsletter. Mailchimp will only process data as instructed by us and are not allowed to process the data any further than necessary for the Purpose for which it was collected. In the event of any transfer outside of the European Economic Area/EU, such transfers take place in accordance with applicable European Union data protection rules under security conditions enabling the protection of the personal information.
How do we respond to do not track signals?
We do not track you over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, we do not respond to do not track (DNT) signals. Some third parties providing content and applications to the services do respond to DNT signals and that will limit your access to the interactive features of the services.
How to limit use and disclosure of your information
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative on its website: www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
How to access, correct, and object to processing of your information
We aim to keep personal information accurate and up to date. You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org together with a proof of your identity to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In addition, you have the right to oppose to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we are unable to verify your identity or the change would violate an applicable law or regulation.
We do not collect information from children under the age of 16
Our services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com
Details on data security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Changes to the policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to the policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat personal information, we will notify you by email of the amended policy.
To ask questions or comment about this policy and our privacy practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.